*Page Under Construction.
The Indian and Buddhist Studies Treatise Database (INBUDS)
The Taishō Buddhist Canon Digital Text Database (SAT)
Information regarding academic conferences, workshops, fellowships, and other related academic activities.
Information about our members’ recent publications.
The Japanese Association of Indian and Buddhist Studies
Bunkyō-ku, Hongō 3-33-5
Hongō Building, 2nd floor
Office hours: Mon., Tue., Wed., Fri.
10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
Invitation to the Annual Conference of The Japanese Association of Indian and Buddhist Studies
The 68th Annual Conference of the Japanese Association of Indian and Buddhist Studies will be held at Hanazono University. Details are given below. We hope that you will be able to attend and to present the results of your latest research.
|Date & Time||：||Saturday, September 2 (morning and afternoon) / Sunday, September 3 (morning and afternoon)|
|Place||：||Hanazono University (8-1 Nishinokyo Tsubonouchi-cho, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto, 604-8456, JAPAN)|
|Presentation Time Limit||：||15 minutes plus 5 minutes for discussions|
|Reception||:||Saturday, September 2, 6:00 p.m. (Shinninkan, or Sub-arena, Hanazono University)
Fee: 4,000 yen (student rate 3,000 yen)
・Regarding panel proposals, please see Conferences.
- New Publications updated. (February 14, 2017)
- Conferences updated. (February 1, 2017)
- The board of directors met on January 22 and approved the appointment of Prof. Kimura Kiyotaka as chairperson of the JAIBS. (January 25, 2017)
- New Publications updated. (January 24, 2017)
- Our office will be closed from December 28 till January 3 (both days inclusive). (December 2, 2016)
- New Publications updated. (October 4, 2016)
- Revised style sheet for bibliography (in Japanese) added. (September 7, 2016)
- We operate an abbreviated schedule during the summer: (July 27, 2016)
Term: Wednesday, July 27–Friday, August 28
Open: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays
Office hours: 11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
Please note that our office will be closed from August 11 till 16 (both days inclusive).
- Article submission guidelines updated. (June 29, 2016)
- Information for Researchers uploaded. (August 7, 2015）
- Abbreviations on Vedic literature added. (October 8, 2015)
- Templates of article (vertical / horizontal / European languages), page calculation software for Excel (for Japanese article only), and style sheet for bibliography (in Japanese) added. (September 24, 2015)
- We close on Friday, September 18. Sorry for the inconvenience. (July 10, 2015)
- About Science Council of Japan uploaded (June 5, 2016)
- Recommendations for Asian studies from subcommittee uploaded. (September 5, 2014）
- J-STAGE, the digital archive of the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
(https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp) has been gradually digitizing past editions of our organizational journal, Journal of Indian and Buddhist Studies (JIBS, Indogaku Bukkyōgaku kenkyū 印度學佛教學硏究), and is publicly available from the following website. Have a look! >>
Journal of Indian and Buddhist Studies on J-STAGE
Japanese Association for Indian and Buddhist Studies does not assume any responsibility for the content of websites linked to from this website.