*Page Under Construction.
The Indian and Buddhist Studies Treatise Database (INBUDS)
The Taishō Buddhist Canon Digital Text Database (SAT)
Information regarding academic conferences, workshops, fellowships, and other related academic activities.
Information about our members’ recent publications.
The Japanese Association of Indian and Buddhist Studies
2F Hongō Building,
3-33-5 Hongō, Bunkyō-ku
Tokyo, 113-0033 JAPAN
Office hours: Mon., Tue., Wed., Fri.
10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
The Journal of Indian and Buddhist Studies (JIBS) no. 66: Call for Papers
The 68th Congress of the Japanese Association of Indian Philosophy and Buddhist Studies, 2017 was successfully held in Hanazono University, and is now over. We ask all presenters to please submit their papers to be considered for publication in The Journal of Indian and Buddhist Studies no. 66. Details are available on the “Article Submission Guidelines” page.
Deadlines for Article Submission:
For Papers in Japanese: September 19th (Tues.)
For Papers in European Languages: October 16th (Mon.)
- The board of directors met on September 2 and approved the appointment of Prof. Masahiro Shimoda as chairperson of the JAIBS. (September 2, 2017)
- We sent the call for papers of the Journal of Indian and Buddhist Studies. (August 2, 2017)
The deadline for drafts is: For papers written in Japanese with English abstracts, documentation must arrive at our office by September 19th (Tuesday). For papers written in European languages with Japanese abstracts, documentation must arrive by October 16th (Monday). We cannot publish drafts received after this.
For authors who intend to submit an article, please carefully read the document Indogaku Bukkyōgaku kenkyū Ronbun, Shōroku no Shippitsu ni kansuru Chūi Jikō『印度学仏教学研究』論文・抄録の執筆に関する注意事項 (“Items to Keep in Mind Regarding the Authorship of Articles and Extracts for the Journal of Indian and Buddhist Studies“) before creating your draft.
For inquries about article submission:
- Conferences updated. (June 23, 2017)
- We operate a regular schedule: (April 26, 2017)
Open: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays
Office hours: 10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Conferences updated. (February 1, 2017)
- The board of directors met on January 22 and approved the appointment of Prof. Kimura Kiyotaka as chairperson of the JAIBS. (January 25, 2017)
- J-STAGE, the digital archive of the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
(https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp) has been gradually digitizing past editions of our organizational journal, Journal of Indian and Buddhist Studies (JIBS, Indogaku Bukkyōgaku kenkyū 印度學佛教學硏究), and is publicly available from the following website. Have a look! >>
Journal of Indian and Buddhist Studies on J-STAGE
Japanese Association for Indian and Buddhist Studies does not assume any responsibility for the content of websites linked to from this website.