*Page Under Construction.
The Indian and Buddhist Studies Treatise Database (INBUDS)
The Taishō Buddhist Canon Digital Text Database (SAT)
Information regarding academic conferences, workshops, fellowships, and other related academic activities.
Information about our members’ recent publications.
The Japanese Association of Indian and Buddhist Studies
Bunkyō-ku, Hongō 3-33-5
Hongō Building, 2nd floor
Office hours: Mon., Tue., Wed., Fri.
10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
To Authors Planning to Submit an Article to JIBS :
For presenters at the 67th Academic Conference of the JAIBS, held on September 3rd and 4th at the University of Tokyo, who would like to have their papers published in the volume 65 of JIBS (Journal of Indian and Buddhist Studies, Indogaku Bukkyōgaku kenkyū 印度學佛教學硏究), please provide the following four documents: in addition to (1) the Article Draft, please provide (2) an Abstract of your article, (3) the Article Submission Form, and (4) the Article Data Collection Form. For details, see this link.
The deadline for drafts is:
For papers written in Japanese with English abstracts, documentation must arrive at our office by September 20th (Tuesday).
For papers written in European languages with Japanese abstracts, documentation must arrive by October 17th (Monday).
Note that we cannot publish drafts received after this.
- New Publications updated. (October 4, 2016)
- Revised style sheet for bibliography (in Japanese) added. (September 7, 2016)
- We operate an abbreviated schedule during the summer: (July 27, 2016)
Term: Wednesday, July 27–Friday, August 28
Open: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays
Office hours: 11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
Please note that our office will be closed from August 11 till 16 (both days inclusive).
- The Conference Program of the 67th Annual Conference uploaded. (July 5, 2016)
- Article submission guidelines updated. (June 29, 2016)
- Information for Researchers uploaded. (August 7, 2015）
- Conferences updated. (February 2, 2016)
- Abbreviations on Vedic literature added. (October 8, 2015)
- Templates of article (vertical / horizontal / European languages), page calculation software for Excel (for Japanese article only), and style sheet for bibliography (in Japanese) added. (September 24, 2015)
- We close on Friday, September 18. Sorry for the inconvenience. (July 10, 2015)
- About Science Council of Japan uploaded (June 5, 2016)
- Recommendations for Asian studies from subcommittee uploaded. (September 5, 2014）
- J-STAGE, the digital archive of the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
(https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp) has been gradually digitizing past editions of our organizational journal, Journal of Indian and Buddhist Studies (JIBS, Indogaku Bukkyōgaku kenkyū 印度學佛教學硏究), and is publicly available from the following website. Have a look! >>
Journal of Indian and Buddhist Studies on J-STAGE
Japanese Association for Indian and Buddhist Studies does not assume any responsibility for the content of websites linked to from this website.