*Page Under Construction.
The Indian and Buddhist Studies Treatise Database (INBUDS)
The Taishō Buddhist Canon Digital Text Database (SAT)
Information regarding academic conferences, workshops, fellowships, and other related academic activities.
Information about our members’ recent publications.
The Japanese Association of Indian and Buddhist Studies
2F Hongō Building,
3-33-5 Hongō, Bunkyō-ku
Tokyo, 113-0033 JAPAN
Office hours: Mon., Wed., Thu., Fri.
10:00 a.m.–12:00 noon, 1:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
(Excl. National Holidays)
- The first circular for the 74th conference is published. Please see CONFERENCES. (December 27, 2022)
- The second circular for the 73rd conference is published. Please see CONFERENCES. (January 21, 2022)
- The second circular for the 72nd conference is published. Please see CONFERENCES. (January 21, 2021)
- Statement on the Refusal to Appoint New Nominees as New Council Members to the 25th Science Council of Japan (November 17, 2020)
- The Congress website reopened after renovation. (June 21, 2020)
- The 71st JAIBS conference will be held as an online conference. For the details, please see here (in Japanese). (May 18, 2020)
- The 71st Conference. For the details, please see the Congress website. (January 12, 2020)
- The 70th Annual Conference (February 1, 2018)
- Presenters who do not hold membership in the JAIBS should submit the application form to the Head Office of the JAIBS by 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, February 20, 2018. For details please, see membership. We no longer accept the application form.
- The 69th Annual Conference (February 16, 2018)
- The board of directors met on September 2 and approved the appointment of Prof. Masahiro Shimoda as chairperson of the JAIBS. (September 2, 2017)
- We sent the call for papers of the Journal of Indian and Buddhist Studies. (August 2, 2017)
The deadline for drafts is: For papers written in Japanese with English abstracts, documentation must arrive at our office by September 19th (Tuesday). For papers written in European languages with Japanese abstracts, documentation must arrive by October 16th (Monday). We cannot publish drafts received after this.
For authors who intend to submit an article, please carefully read the document Indogaku Bukkyōgaku kenkyū Ronbun, Shōroku no Shippitsu ni kansuru Chūi Jikō『印度学仏教学研究』論文・抄録の執筆に関する注意事項 (“Items to Keep in Mind Regarding the Authorship of Articles and Extracts for the Journal of Indian and Buddhist Studies“) before creating your draft.
For inquries about article submission:
- Conferences updated. (June 23, 2017)
- We operate a regular schedule: (April 26, 2017)
Open: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays
Office hours: 10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Conferences updated. (February 1, 2017)
- The board of directors met on January 22 and approved the appointment of Prof. Kimura Kiyotaka as chairperson of the JAIBS. (January 25, 2017)
- J-STAGE, the digital archive of the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) (https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp) has been gradually digitizing past editions of our organizational journal, Journal of Indian and Buddhist Studies (JIBS, Indogaku Bukkyōgaku kenkyū 印度學佛教學硏究), and is publicly available from the following website. Have a look! >> Journal of Indian and Buddhist Studies on J-STAGE
Japanese Association for Indian and Buddhist Studies does not assume any responsibility for the content of websites linked to from this website.